The IPB is seeking an intern to work on its Disarmament for Development Program, starting on July 30, 2012.
If you wish to apply, please send your resume and a cover letter indicating your availability.
The IPB is committed to achieving a better balance of women and men within its office. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
CAMPAIGN ASSISTANT – JOB DESCRIPTION
This is an unpaid internship position
- Collect materials and research particular topics in the field of military spending and other
aspects of Disarmament for Development – for publishing on web or as hard copy, and as
background for meetings.
- Analyse these documents and help to draft materials for:
- Edit monthly newsletter. Feed Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Make contact with potential campaign partners and network members, and integrate their
responses into the campaign strategy/databank
- Assist with other aspects of web maintenance/development
- Assist with planning for seminars/conferences and Global Day of Action on Military
- Attend UN and other meetings in Geneva and make reports
- Assist with fundraising
-Good general understanding of international politics; academic background in economics /
politics / international relations
-High level of written and spoken English; other languages an advantage (Geneva is largely a
-Good general computer skills (Microsoft/other systems); basic image editing skills, web
publishing, and knowledge of HTML are all an advantage.
- Preferably some experience in a peace or other civil society advocacy group
* Hours: full time or part time
* Length: minimum 3 months
* Funding: candidate must cover all costs; and find own accommodation.
Send CV + motivation letter to IPB Secretariat – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate period available (dates are negotiable).
IPB Secretariat is composed of a small team. It is a multi-lingual environment.
International Peace Bureau
41 rue de Zurich
Tel: +41-22-731-6429, Fax: 738-9419