Date(s) - Wednesday - Mar 29, 2023
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Kulturvolk | Freie Volksbühne Berlin e.V
➡️ LINK FOR REGISTRATION: bit.ly/3STRySY ⬅️
The International Peace Bureau (IPB) and Netzwerk Cuba welcome Fernando González Llort and Ibis Alvisa González from the Instituto Cubano de Amistad con los Pueblos (ICAP) to Berlin, Germany to discuss the current geopolitical climate, the importance of peace and solidarity movements, and how civil society can contribute to creating a more just and peaceful future.
At 19.00, a public event will take place in the form of a round table under the title “Peace & Justice: Fighting for an International System Based on Trust, Solidarity, and Common Security”. Moderated by IPB Executive Director Sean Conner, the speakers will analyze the geopolitical realities of this moment and explore approaches to demilitarization, decolonization, and building trust and common security between nations and peoples in order to work together for a brighter future.
Round table participants to include:
- Fernando González Llort, President of ICAP
- Ibis Alvisa González, European Specialist for ICAP
- Reiner Braun, former Executive Director of IPB, German activist
- Zaklin Nastic, Member of the German Bundestag for Die Linke
- Jutta Kausch-Henken, Netzwerk Friedenskooperative
Important: The event will have live interpretation between German and Spanish and will be streamed via Zoom for those not present in Berlin.
The event is free, although small donations are welcomed.
- Venue: Kulturvolk | Freie Volksbühne Berlin e.V, Ruhrstraße 6, 10709 Berlin 19.00-21.00 – Public event