The International Peace Bureau (IPB) calls the civil society organizations in all countries to join a Week of Global Mobilization for Peace in Ukraine (WGMPU) from Saturday 30th September to Sunday – 8th October 2023. The common goal is to call an immediate ceasefire and peace negotiations to end the war in Ukraine.
As a participant in the international Ukraine coalition, IPB will compile and record all the events and incidents associated with the WGMPU on this webpage.
The interested groups will carry out their own initiatives to advance peace in Ukraine. IPB’s responsibilities are to promote all the planned activities and advertise them on the website and social media pages. You can join us with your activities using the link below.
See Partner Organizations’ Activities and Events by clicking on the respective country
- – IFOR & ATTAC
- 2 & 3 Oct. 2023: “The Ukraine War: Backgrounds and Perspectives”. Lecture by Clemens Ronnefeldt with discussion. Organiser: International Fellowship of Reconciliation. 2.10.2023, 19:00 in Linz (Wissensturm Kärntnerstraße 26); 3.10.2023, 19:00 in Vienna (C3, Alois-Wagner-Saal, Sensengasse 3)
- – AbFaNG
- –September 30-October 30 street vigil at 10AM – handouts and discussions on alternatives to violent responses to conflict on an international scale
- Location: Arnprior District Museum 35 Madawaska Street,
- Arnprior, ON K7S 2N7
- “You have a right to peace, to live in confidence that conflicts, political or otherwise does not threaten your right to safety and protection of your life. I and my community stand with you.”
- – Canada-Wide Peace and Justice Network
- The Canada-Wide Peace and Justice Network (CWPJN) urges people in Canada to join the global mobilization with actions across the country from October 1-8 demanding an end to the war in Ukraine.
- – Hamilton Coalition To Stop The War:
- September 20th: Webinar Cluster Bombs & Depleted Uranium Weapons in Ukraine: 2 More Reasons to end the War Now!
- October 7th: Anti-war rally – Send a message to the Trudeau government! Where: Federal Building, 55 Bay Street North, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
- September 30th, at 13:00 CEST: Webinar – Immediate Ceasefire and Negotiations: The Development of the War in Ukraine since the International Summit for Peace (more details here)
- October 1st: Conference in Frankfurt – CREATE PEACE! At 10:00 in Saalbau Gallus.
- October 3rd:
- Hamburg: Frieden statt Krieg! DIE WAFFEN NIEDER! A rally is planned in front of Altona station / Mercado at 13:00 followed by a demonstration to Fischmarkt.
- Munich: Frieden statt Krieg! DIE WAFFEN NIEDER! From 14.00 Odeonsplatz. Munich Peace Alliance supports the International Demand: Peace through peaceful means.
- Kalkar: demonstration for peace at the Bundeswehr and NATO command centre, 11:30 a.m.
- Frieden und Diplomatie website with more information (in German).
- – Le Mouvement de la Paix & Collectif 21 Septembre:
- 21 September, for the International Day of Peace
- 23 September, for rallies and demonstrations against nuclear weapons
- 26 September, the International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons.
- Saturday October 7, everywhere in France, gatherings and demonstrations within the framework of the “World Day of mobilizations and actions for peace.
- – WILPF activists for peace in Europe:
- 29.09., 30.09., 01.10: Conference in Budapest (conference venue)
- 6th of October – Peermade: discussion organized by an IPB inidividual member
- – Irish Neutrality League
- 28 September: In person event – Why Neutrality Neutral Ireland can play a positive role supporting ceasefire and negotiations.
- – Umoja
- 30 September – Nairobi (11am), Teach-in and street vigil. –
- Our world without war / Ukraine’s Children life matters.
- Be courageous and don’t lose hope. Together we all wishing you peace and Joy
- 30 September – Nairobi (11am), Teach-in and street vigil. –
- – Grupo Renovador México del Foro Social Mundial/Mexico Renewal Group of the World Social Forum
- October 7 16.00 Mexican Time (3am UTC) mobilisation at the Hemiciclo Juárez, Ave Juarez, Mexico City and afterwards Assembly 17:30 Mexican time (4am UTC) at the Sindicato de Electricistas Avenida Insurgentes Norte Mexico
- Description in Spanish:
- – Youth for Human Rights Campaign Nepal
- Event in office
- – Living Values Children Education Foundation/International Youth Summit On Peace and African Unity
- 30th September: Roundtable Dialogue: Building Capable States In The World in Lagos
- – Fredsinitiativet 2022 (Norwegian Peace Initiative 2022), International Women’s Leauge for Peace and Freedom – Norway (IKFF) and Stop NATO:
- – ATTAC:
- 5 of October, 19:00 CEST – Plaça de la Mare de Déu Valencia-España: Street action called by the Assemblea Popular Vàlencia Contra les Guerres (Vàlencia Popular Assembly Against the Wars).
- – Federación Unión Africana:
- 30 of September, 17:00 CEST – València, Calle del Marqués de Montortal, 65 – 46019. Workshop What we talk about when we talk about peace.
- “Peace is the answer. We call for an immediate ceasefire and negotiations between the parties“
- – Lancaster Friends Meeting House:
- 27 September (12pm) – Meeting House Lane, Lancaster, Quaker meeting for worship followed by meal and discussion.
- “Our desire for peace unites every person from Ukraine to the UK”
- – Côr Gobaith:
- 30 September (11am) – Street choir at Owain Glyndwr Square, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Cymru
- “Safwn gyda chi – We stand with you”
- 3 October 2023 (12pm) Peace vigil for Ukraine in Owain Glyndwr Square, Aberystwyth – A chance to do a simple action to show your support for peace in Ukraine. Bring banners and placards! “Stronger Together “
- – The Peoples Assembly:
- 30 Sep. – 2 Oct. 2023: “National Demonstration and Festival of Resistance
- 1 Oct. 2023 (12 pm): “National Demonstration” at Oxford Rd.
➤ The Netherlands
- – Peace in Ukraine list of activities;
- – World Beyond War list of activities.
- – Watertown Citizens for Peace, Justice and the Environment
- October 3, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM First Parish on 35 Church Street in Watertown, in person event.
- – Defuse Nuclear War
- Sep. 17: March for Peace at the joyful 46th annual Willy Street Parade!
- Bring the kids! Bring the adults! Find us easily by coming at 10:30 am to 1025 Williamson St, in the rear next to Nature’s Bakery parking lot. Or look for us and our banners at 10:45 in the crowded parade staging area at 926 Williamson St. Parade steps off at 11:00. We’ll have lots of peace banners, flags and signs, or you can bring your own.
- Sep. 21 – 5 pm – 7:45 pm International Day of Peace Movie & Letter Party to Defuse Nuclear War & for Peace in Ukraine – Hawthorne Library, 2707 E Washington Ave.
- Defuse Nuclear War & for Peace in Ukraine have called for national and international weeks of action Sept 24 – Oct 8. Events will be held throughout this country and across the world. In Madison we will host four events. In this first event, we will stream a movie or a webinar, then cooperate to craft letters to editors or commentaries related to the topics that are being highlighted nationally in the two weeks of action. Info on all the events: https://worldbeyondwar.org/madison/
- Sep. 24 – 3:00 – 4:30 pm, Debate: Is War in Ukraine Justified?
- Madison Watch Party for World BEYOND War’s conference — No War 2023: Nonviolent Resistance to Militarism – RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org for location.
- In this 1.5 hour friendly debate, moderated by Marcy Winograd of CODEPINK, we’ll hear 3 perspectives debated: 1) Russia had no choice but to invade Ukraine, argued by former CIA analyst Ray McGovern, 2) Ukraine had no choice but to fight Russia, argued by journalist James Brooke who works as the Ukraine/Russia columnist for The New York Sun, and 3) Russia and Ukraine both had options better than war, argued by WBW Executive Director David Swanson. In this third event, we will watch a live-streamed debate by experts on the war in Ukraine.
- Sep. 30 – 9:30 am – 11:00 am Speak-out at Dane County Farmers Market
- Rotary Park, N Hamilton & Pinckney, the outdoor performance space by the entrance of the Children’s Museum. In this third event, will speak-out to Defuse Nuclear War and for Peace in Ukraine. We will broadcast our messages “a viva voce” to the market-goers!
- Sep. 30 – 12 pm – RALLY – TAKE ACTION FOR PEACE IN UKRAINE! Stop the killing – Ceasefire Now! Negotiations for Peace, Not Endless War Saturday, Rally and March from Downtown Crossing to Boston Common.
- Oct 1 – 7:00 – 8:00 pm Candlelight Vigil for Peace in Ukraine for People of Faith and Conscience. Capitol Square – State Street Steps.
- Oct 26, 6 pm – National Bird about illegal drone murder.
- Central Library, 201 W Mifflin St, Room 302. Discussion following the film. Free popcorn. RSVP if you can to email@example.com. In this fourth event, people of faith and conscience will vigil with candles at the Capitol. Madison Veterans for Peace, Chapter 25 and Madison for a World BEYOND War are launching a New Antiwar Film Series.
- Nov 30, 6 pm – Theaters of War: How the Pentagon and CIA took Hollywood.
- Central Library, 201 W Mifflin St, Room 302. Discussion following the film. Free popcorn. RSVP if you can to firstname.lastname@example.org. Madison Veterans for Peace, Chapter 25 and Madison for a World BEYOND War are launching a New Antiwar Film Series.
This Week of Global Mobilization is part of the follow up action after the International Peace Summit in Vienna. You can find more information about the event, including the program and some of the recordings, here. The most important outcome of the ISPUkraine is the Final Declaration: Peace by peaceful means. Cease fire and negotiations now!